Saturday, July 21, 2012

Fashion trends I HATE (and fashion trends I love)

Hi everyone, I know it's been a while, but I haven't had much of anything interesting to write about. I have been wanting to do this post for a while now, so here are some fashion trends that i find absolutely nauseating! Then I'll tell you my favorites. Joan Rivers, I know you'd be proud..


1. Leggings as pants

I'm sorry, but when did it become okay to do this? Last time I checked, leggings were basically stockings without feet. I find it socially unacceptable to wear stockings on their own, and leggings too. They have no structure at all! Now, don't get me wrong, I think leggings are cool, especially with combat boots, but please girls, wear a long enough shirt that I don't see your butt.. Unless you are a ninja. Then by all means, wear them to your heart's content.

2. Uggs

Ok, so  I have 4 pairs of Uggs, and i think they are cute with sweatpants or under flared jeans, on occasion. But i just don't understand why people wear them with cute outfits.. They are basically slippers. I mean if you have jeans, I understand, I just personally don't like them. But when people wear them with dresses, or even worse, SHORTS, I have to question their sanity.


3. Scrunched Hair

This is absolutely horrid. Why on earth would someone grease up their hair with gel, and crumple it up into knots until it looks like they have been standing in apocalyptic rain for three hours...? I just don't get it.


4. Brand name, boring t shirts.

I absolutely hate when girls buy a plain blue t shirt, just because it says the word Hollister on it. Or any other brand name for that matter. These stores sell some really awesome clothes, so why would you buy a shirt that has nothing to it but a name? That tells me that you don't care about being fashionable, you just want to show the world that you are cool enough to shop at that store.


OKAY, enough ranting, here are my favorite fashion trends right now!
_________________________________________________________________________________

1. Backpacks

This idea is so awesome. I need a purse, but I hate lugging one around on my arm all day. Wearing backpacks makes you feel like you're just walking around not carrying anything, like a dude. Haahaha I'm just kidding, but it is awesome having two free arms, And there's so many cute backpacks out now. I've been using them since December, and mine right now has Bob Marley on it.

2. BIG eyeglasses.

Yes, yes. . . with these, you do run the risk of being called a hipster (trust me) but it's so worth it. I think they just look awesome. I love my Ray-Bans. I still usually wear contacts though. Oh, but please dont go around wearing fake ones, or RealD 3D glasses.. That's a little ridiculous.









3. Floor-length  skirts

Ohhh my, do I love long skirts. Maybe it's just me being a hippie again, but I have seen lots of girls wear them. I just feel like I look so good in them:) You can wear them completely casual, or formal, I just love them.




5. Combat boots and Converse high tops


LOVE my combat boots. Not much else to say, as long as they aren't too chunky. Oh and Converse high tops are the best invention ever, My favorite pair says "The Doors" on them.



_________________________________________________________________________________

Well, that's pretty much it. Other than that, my wardrobe consists of various jeans, preferably ripped, shorts, leather jackets, fringe boots, hippie esque tops, feathers, and oh yeah, 57 shirts of various rock bands:) hahah don't believe me? here's my list:http://cassidymagee.blogspot.com/p/band-shirts-i-own.html


Feel free to tell me your favorite/least favorite trends!
Aesthetically Yours,
Cassidy 

No comments:

Post a Comment