Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Band of the Day 1: The Doors

This is the first in a series of posts I plan on doing where I discuss one band each day. I'm starting off with one of my favorites, The Doors.


 I'm going to be honest, I wasn't always open to the Doors. My mom would always tell me to listen to them, and i just kind of rolled my eyes. But then I started listening to them every time they came on the radio, and I started to love them. This was quite a few years ago. After liking their music, I watched The Doors movie, with Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison, with my best friend, Janette. After that movie, we were both a bit obsessed. I bought so much of their music, and could not stop listening!! They have been one of my favorite bands for years now. I've seen TONS of their documentaries, and I've read three biographies about Jim Morrison. I could probably tell the whole story of Jim Morrison's life, if asked!

What I love so much about their music, is that its so different from all the music from the sixties. I mean, yeah, they were hippies, but they didn't feel like they had to sing about flower power and peace and love. They were a dark, mysterious rock band, Jim Morrison's voice is unlike any other. Also, he was crazy! he didn't care what people thought of him, he did whatever he wanted. He had the world in the palm of his hand, and he shook it up. My favorite songs by The Doors are Touch Me and LA Woman. Lately though, i have been listening to Blue Sunday and The Spy a lot.

So since Jim Morrison passed, I'll never see him live. But I did almost get to see the rest of the band live fronted by the lead singer of The Cult! I had tickets and everything, unfortunately I had a dress rehearsal for a play that night, and my director wouldn't let me go. My dad loves them, too, so he still went. But there's no doubt I'm going next time they come around, no matter what!!









No comments:

Post a Comment