Friday, June 29, 2012

Quick Post Before Guitar: Beach, Blonde, and Brendan's Death Song!!


HEY! Soo, I just got home from the beach, but I wanted to do a quick post before I have to get ready for a guitar lesson in a little bit.

First of all, I'm slightly blonde now!
Haha this is the first time I've gone lighter. I dyed my hair a really dark brown twice before, but this is new and I kinda dig it:)


My second piece of business to discuss is the new Red Hot Chili Peppers Video that came out yesterday!! 

For anyone who doesn't know, the Red Hot Chili Peppers are my FAVORITE BAND IN THE WORLD... here's proof! http://jasovskybaby.blogspot.com/2012/05/standing-in-line-to-see-show-tonight.html

Anyway, I love everything they have ever done, including the latest album, I'm With You, which a lot of fans are uneasy about. Its great. Its different, which should be expected without John Frusciante on guitar, but Josh Klinghoffer is really awesome too. 

This album has been out for almost a year now, and one of the best songs on there was Brendan's Death Song. It is the fourth video to come out from this album, which is an amazing accomplishment. Think about it: the Chili Peppers have been around since 1983 and are STILL making unique, current music. Any other rock band around from that time, that is still making music, is doing it just to hang around and keep people aware of them. RHCP is actually significant and competing with popular bands today. They are just so creative and innovative and their music is actually meaningful. I love them so much!

Brendan's Death Song was about the Peppers' good friend Brendan Mullen, who died on his birthday, and coincidentally the first day the band was rehearsing with Josh Klinghoffer. The jam the band had that first day is what sparked the idea for this song. The video is amazing, and such an honorable sending off for their good friend, who is the one who offered the Chili Peppers their first big concert opportunity, opening for the Bad Brains. Its really powerful and has a great feeling about it. Here's the link, please check it out! Brendan's Death Song video HERE!!

Aesthetically Yours,
Cassidy




No comments:

Post a Comment